26 April 2021
COVID-19 Update - 26 April 2021
The Perth and Peel lockdown will end as planned from 12:01am, Tuesday 27 April. A post lockdown transition will be in place until 12:01am, Saturday 1 May.
The following measure will be in place:
- Continue wearing a mask in public, while at work and on public transport, unless exemptions apply eg vigorous outdoor exercise
- 20-person limit for private indoor and outdoor gatherings
- Professional and community sports, including training, permitted but without spectators
- 20-patron capacity limit and 4sqm rule for:
* Cafes, restaurants, bars and pubs for seated food and drink services
* Beauty salons, hairdressers and barbers
* Public venues such as recreation centres, outdoor playgrounds, museums and swimming pools
* Places of worship
* Entertainment venues
- Fitness clubs, gyms and casinos and nightclubs remain closed
For further measures, please visit the Western Australia Government website.
What does this mean for your club:
- Gymnastics Clubs are classified as indoor recreation centres, meaning clubs can open as of 12:01, Tuesday 27 April
- Gymnastics Clubs must follow:
*20-patron limits and 4sqm rules
* Masks must be worn
- For clubs operating in a shared facility, please ensure you work with your venue regarding patron numbers and venue accessibility
Loftus Recreation Centre will remain closed. Gymnastics WA staff are able to access the office however are only available via email and phone only - please do not visit the Gymnastics WA office until further notice. A further update regarding the upcoming WA Gymnastics Championships will be provided in the coming days.
Information relating to travel to Australian Championships in QLD can be accessed here.